Wednesday 23 July 2014

Very Humble Beginings


This last week I have been desperate to get out into the garden and do some much needed tidying and sorting. I've also felt a big drive to get a greenhouse of sorts and start growing my own flowers to put in the garden.

Unfortunately, the heat has dictated that I do nothing of the sort and instead I've taken to just staring at the garden thinking "When it gets cooler......."

But today I bit the bullet and made a start. Its not the messiest garden by a long shot and it is small (but perfectly formed, if you ask me!)


This is my version of  a panoramic view. Forgive me.

I've only managed to get as far the the picture on the far right, and that took a couple of hours! Turning over the hard and clay-like soil with only a children's spade and an old trowel that I found in our lean-to is not the quickest of jobs!

During the digging, I came across these interesting things..



One a carnation and the other a rose. I can only hope that somewhere in the earth are the roots of these beautiful flowers that were once planted there and maybe one day with will grow again and join my little patch?!

I decided to also set up a mini greenhouse in our Lean-to as its fairly warm and consistent in there and will protect from the bugs and slugs that love to eat anything I try and grow!

Its is in its very humble beginnings but I'm proud of it and its cost me absolutely nothing (so far!). Ive only potted up some small bulbs that were given to me for my birthday and a couple of Sun Flower seeds. I will let you know how it goes!

And even though this is just the beginning, I have very big plans for my little garden! Watch this space!

That's all for now. Until next time, you take care now x x

1 comment:

  1. oo exciting :) Our new garden is tiny but I'm so looking forward to being able to get stuck in and make it pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! x