Monday 20 April 2015

The Story of a Jumper : WIP


A long, long time ago I was reading a lovely blog and came across this picture....

With permission from Nicola at Frontierdreams.blogspot.co.uk
The sight of this jumper did something quite strange to me; it made me wildly excited and happy!

After getting some info about the jumper from Nicola, I found out that it was manufactured and not home made...but that was ok, as I wanted to recreate it anyway for Little Miss....One day.

This has been at the back of my mind for some time and I kept thinking "I will make that some time".

The the other day, I found myself at a bit of a loose end and wanted to start something new.
Now, Hubs and I have just started a new diet/fitness regime and I'm feeling really positive about it (Ive already lost 5lbs !!) So I wanted to make an item of clothing for me to wear when I'm a bit smaller....Something to motivate me, if you like,

So I went searching though Ravelry for a Jumper/pullover pattern that I could adapt to fit these stripes.

I found this...

From Ravelry: Hodded Pullover by Julie Farmer


Simple and easily constructed, and suitable for DK yarn.
And so it started....


This is just the front and front pocket so far. It is difficult to get a real sense of the colours...they really are lovely and not quite as "in your face" as they seem here!
I think I might omit the hood and change the neck edge to a yoke or similar...I haven't decided yet.

I will keep you posted on the progress of my "motivation jumper"!

Thats all for now. Until next time, you take care now x


3 comments:

  1. First off, well done with the weight loss! I think it's good to do it with someone else so you can encourage and keep motivating each other. The colours you've chosen for your 'motivation jumper' are gorgeous. You'll look great wearing it, I know you will! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo that's going to be lovely, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love the bright stripes - are you using yarn from your stash because they work really well together!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! x