Tuesday 16 June 2015

A return to Cross Stitch

A few weeks ago, I entered a competition over on Instagram to win two copies of "Cross Stitch Crazy" magazine. Its been years since I've Cross stitched, but it was my first love, and learnt to do it  before any other craft.

Low and behold, I won the competition!  And a few days later this arrived...


I really loved getting re-acquainted with my old craft and decided to make the cross stitch gift for my Aunt who's birthday it was coming up. I decided on the second of the two optional charts and this was the final result...


My aunt loved it and it made me realise that I missed this quiet and beautiful craft....

....So I entered another competition with the same Magazine, and...won again!


I was really excited about this as the colours are a perfect match to how we are planning to re-decorate our kitchen/diner and so I started straight to work...



I also made a time-lapse video of the process and sent it to the magazine and they loved it too :-)

So I thought I would raid my old stash and see what other cross stitch I still have laying around. The results surprised me...!


....Two cats that took soooooo much time (as I remember).... I must get round to framing these!

...A Winnie the Pooh Sampler from about 14 Years ago... Yes, really!


And this....Still unfinished and about 20 Years old (Yes...REALLY!)
Now, this took some SERIOUS time and energy, so no wonder it never got finished, but it will, I've promised myself!

I'm now into something new though - I will share it with you soon!

Its been lovely to rediscover this love of mine!

That's all for now. Until next time, you take care now x

3 comments:

  1. Wow some lovely designs there. I really like the heart with the bee and flowers, very cute.

    I've not cross stitched since I was a child. Sometimes I'm tempted to take it up again but I'm not sure if I want another stash of yarns lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great wins, you lucky lady!!! And great prizes too. The hummingbirds and flowers picture is so pretty! I love cross stitch too. I learned to do it when I was in primary school and have always enjoyed it. And I think it's great that it's getting back into popularity again and there are more modern designs out there. Looking forward to your next project. Happy stitching!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been very lucky! Your cross stitching is lovely. I love cross stitching too and mix it with my knitting and crochet. I too have some unfinished projects from about 20 years!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! x