Wednesday 27 May 2015

The First Dress


It was my birthday a few days ago and the lovely Hubs bought me a new sewing machine!
I was thrilled and couldn't wait to start making clothes.

Ive only ever dabbled in a little patch work here and there and so making clothes was something I really wanted to try. Especially as the Hubs and I have been such avid viewers of the Great British Sewing Bee.
Equipped with some Hobbycraft Vouchers, I went and purchased some new fabric. Unfortunately the HC nearest us is quite small and there wasn't the greatest of choice, however, of what choice there was I found myself pulled towards Teals and greens. So this is what I came home with, along with some Bias Binding, a couple of zips and some interfacing.




It was lovely to start working in my Sewing Room and I knew that the first thing I wanted to make was a dress for Little Miss....


With my trusty British Sewing Bee book, I set to work cutting out the pieces (after washing and ironing the fabric of course), and started sewing. I admit I had to read the instructions about a hundred times before any of them made sense, but slowly and surely...


...until quite late into the night.....


...a dress was made... :-D

and the best part??? It fits, and she loves it!.....








Its not perfect of course, but she loves it and I couldn't be happier about that!

This is definitely a pattern I will be using again!

That's all for now. Until next time, you take care now x

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress and it fits her perfectly! I think you've really done a great job with it and it's only your first attempt at dressmaking- well done! I also love all the fabrics you've chosen. Can't wait to see what you'll make with them.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I'm super impressed that it was your first attempt too. She looks ever so pleased with it :)

    I need to get my sewing machine out :-S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! x