Thursday 11 December 2014

Leftovers Cowl: WIP Wednesday


Hello all!

I have been excited to show you my latest WIP...
Its called the Leftovers Cowl (just click the name to take you to the pattern link). It is by Wendy D. Johnson and is absolutely beautiful!

The pattern calls for 4ply/sock weight yarn, but after enquiring if DK would be alright, Wendy kindly informned me that it would be fine, but just to decrease the size of the circumferance of the cowl.
Its made in the round ( I'm using the Magic Loop method),and its basically a very clever 12 stitch repeat.

Photos from myself and Ravely: Wendy D. Johnson

The colours are completely up to the maker, but its suggested you pick 12 colours and alternate. I have chosen 14 colours of Stylecraft special DK, just so i have a couple more to play with. Im not sure about my latest choice of Yellow and white, as I dont think you will be able to see the intricate pattern clearly enough once its done.....maybe time for a little frogging whilst i think about it!

Thats all for now. Until next time, You take care now x

4 comments:

  1. Helen that is beautiful, quite intricate but worth all the effort. Looks good in Stylecraft and excellent to use up odd balls, nice to see some colour in this rainy weather.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous!!! I do envy your knitting skills - they're excellent! Can't wait to see it finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning - did it take you long to knit? Thanks for sharing the pattern. A beautiful cowl!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! x